Obsesed with looking for a good blogging tool on the web and reading a big list of complaints for the lack of a good tool for mac users, I didn’t realize I had had one for a long time on my computer: Adobe Contribute. Most people talk about Microsoft’s Windows Live Writer and how to run it on a Mac, but forget about this good option that runs natively on it.
Although it lacks all the Windows Live Writer tools for image composition €“ we must accept it has some good ones €“ it is a good tool for blogging and includes features like:
- Easy image insertion from local computer
- Easy video and flash documents insertion
- PDF embedding €“ yep, from the creators
- Automatic Microsoft Office to PDF conversion
- Page preview in browser
- Tables and all their features like cell merging
- Shared assets
- PayPal buttons and actions
- Google search fields
- Draft manipulation
- Control on “post fields” like tags, categories, publication dates, etc.
Its ease of use makes Adobe Contribute a good option for those looking for a blogging tool on the Mac and a good alternative for Windows users.