Unlike Microsoft’s Visual Studio, the option to switch from Debug to Release in Delphi is kind of hidden. However, it is very easy to use.
- Go to the Project menu and select Configuration Manager
- Now select your project,
- Choose a new configuration and
- Press the “play” button.
The following picture shows you how the Configuration Manager looks:
By default, the difference between the Debug and the Release options include:
- Local Symbols creation (Debug: On, Release: Off)
- Symbol Reference Info (Debug: Include, Release: None)
- Debug Information (Debug: On, Release: Off)
If you want to make further configurations, go to the Project menu and select Options. The options below Delphi Compiler and Resource Compiler will let you adjust every little nut.